20140919

Manifesto

I don't normally write to this blog myself as it's more or less an aggregation blog for my own reference, but since other people have started following me I think this post is in order. I'm no longer going to be posting incidents of police violence. If you check the archives you can get an idea of just how horrible this is, and just how much worse it's getting day by day. The latest incident I ran across was of a man being shot 60+ times for having a bb-gun. Not only that but he was awaken out of a drunken stupor with headphones on. How could that person have acted in any way that the police could Not have taken as an excues to take his life? And as always there was no attempt at de-escalation, just firing until the man had no face left. This is not an exception. This is Standard Operating Procedure. The US Government and all the state governments and county and city governments are the watchers and no one watches them. They are free to get away with anything that they let themselves get away with because no one in the universe (that we know of) has more power and can hold them accountable. The masses who could stand up for justice are too stupid to realise their lives are in danger until they're killed, or they're mollified by TV and Nikes.

My point is this. There is no more "just another isolated incident". There hasn't been for a long, long time. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely may not be true for everyone or in all cases but it is certainly true in this country. There are too many cases of unwarranted police brutality and outright murder (which they Always seem to get away with) for me to follow any longer. I want this blog to be full of things which implications of every kind and I believe the implications of our Police State are well known by now for anyone of the type to be reading this now. I will be leaving police brutality to other blogs. A quick Google search will find you plenty if that's what you're looking for.

-Keisar Betancourt

No comments: