20080213

Obvious consequences of the nanny state

Remember when I asked earlier whether the Brits truly understand where they're headed?


The reply would be a resounding "NO!"

Armed police held an innocent mechanic at gunpoint when they mistook his MP3 player for a pistol.

Darren Nixon, 28, was arrested and put in police cell for simply listening to music on his way home from work.

The shocked garage worker was then swabbed for a DNA sample, had his mugshot taken and was fingerprinted.

The armed officers swooped on Mr Nixon when a woman thought she saw him carrying a handgun and called the police.

[...]

"The police found me on CCTV and followed me. I got on the bus and the police followed. I was listening to my music so I didn't really notice all the cars behind the bus.

No comments: