20041220

Teens Catch Molester On Video

The four victims wondered if the girl they were told they were having sex with for three years was, in fact, Stephen Hill.


The boys had a plan -- and they put it on home video.


In January, they sat down on a couch in front of a camera and one by one introduced themselves by name and age, ending with and I think Im being molested.


Then they told an unbelievable story.


Stephen Hill was inviting them over to have sex with a 20-year old girl named Dawn. But instead of a woman, the teens began to think they were actually having sex with Hill.

We could never see her, one boy says on the tape. She was supposedly 20 years old and she didn't want to know, she thought if we had seen her, we'd tell on her.


We got blindfolded, another boy said, and we could never see him at all and we never could touch her supposedly, Dawn. Her name was Dawn -- we could never touch her at all, not in the girl spots.


One of the boys says once he looked underneath the blindfold.


I lifted the shirt up a little bit over my eyes and when I stood up I looked down and I saw a man's -----.


Each boy claimed to have a different revelation.


We all got together and figured out all the facts came down to it not being a girl. It was a guy. It feels like it was a guy. All the observations come down to being a guy, which we think is him, Steve Hill.


I really feel violated. I feel like I've had my manhood taken away from me.

Me, too.

On the tape, the boys then described how theyre going to try to catch Hill in the act.

Were going to go back to Dawn -- supposedly Dawn, which we think is Steve Hill. We're all going to try to go together and we are all going to try to catch him on tape while he got us blindfolded.

So we are doing this tape and we are going to write individual letters, too, and let people know what's really going on in case he ends up doing something to all of us.

The victims did confront Hill, according to Hill's lawyer, Ken Lawson.

Stephen panicked. He was embarrassed, Lawson said. He ran out the room with the video camera, went to another room in the house. After he got himself together, he came back upstairs and that's when the boys said we want money, $5,000 each.

A few weeks after that confrontation, the boys began calling Hill and recording the conversations, looking for an admission..

Heres how one phone conversation went:

Boy: Hello, Steve?

Hill: Yep.

Boy: I'm getting real impatient, so I have to pop this question real quick.

Hill: You gotta what now?

Boy: Pop this question real quick off my mind.

Hill: Do what now?

Boy: I've got to pop this question off my mind right now.

Hill: OK.

Boy: Why did you have us think we was having sex with a girl when we were really having it with you?

Hill: I can't, I can't, Im in the middle of doing something now.

Boy: Can you answer the question real quick?

Hill: Not when I'm in the middle of doing something right now. You all going to be around tomorrow?

Boy: Yeah, we'll be around tomorrow.

Hill: OK.

A couple of days later, the boys get a call and the answers.

As shown on the tape, the caller ID on the phone lists the time and date of the call and the name: Stephen Hill.

Hill: Is the line clear?

Boy: Yeah, click over.

Hill: Hello? I don't have a good answer for you, all right? I don't. I'm seeing a psychiatrist now, all right? Do you know what a psychiatrist is?

Boy: Not exactly.

Hill: I can't hear you.

Boy: Not exactly.

Hill: A psychiatrist is somebody who sees somebody who has mental disorders, mind problems. What I did was crazy and it was wrong and I can't give you an explanation for it. It doesn't help you. You guys have every reason to be pissed with me and you have every reason to kill me, and if you are angry with me, stay angry with me. I've earned it. You hear?

Boy: Yeah.

Hill: What I did was wrong and you will have questions from now until the day you die.

Hill then tells the victims about getting them more money.

Hill: You guys, Ive got to give you guys more money. Its going to take me some months between paying, between giving you guys all that money and paying for the psychiatrist, and my insurance won't cover because I can't report it to my insurance company. Im broke. I am broke. I barely have enough money to go to, but I brought that on myself. I'm not complaining to you. I'm broke and Ive got to come up with some more money. Im working extra hours to come up with some more money. Ive got to pay off all that I gave you guys, then I'll have money for you guys. Possibly in about 6 to 9 to 12 months I'll have the rest of the money for you.

The conversation ends soon after one of the boys asks one simple question.

Boy: That camera that was in the room when we was having sex with you, did you put us on the Internet?

Hill: No, there was nothing in the camera, nothing in the camera. As a matter of fact, if I put you on there, I put me on there.

As we all know, Stephen Hill did tape the boys when they had sex, Jones reports, and he wasn't seeing a psychiatrist.

Three days after that phone call, Hill was arrested.

Hill pleaded guilty and agreed to a five-year prison sentence. On Thursday, a judge delcared him a sexual predator, meaning he will have to register his address and inform the community where he lives when he's out of prison.

Lawson says Hill has already paid the victims and their civil lawsuit should be dismissed.

The victims family maintains Hill gave the kids money to keep them quiet and they didnt ask for the cash.

No comments: